We Have Reopened!
We are so excited to be resuming service beginning today, Monday May 4th. We have been closely monitoring the indicators outlined in our “How We Will Decide” policy, and are pleased to report that we have been able to move forward as planned.
This post (also sent as an email to all current customers) contains some important information to review as we ramp back up. We are depending on you to help us create a safe environment for both your household and our staff.
What To Expect
We are resuming our service where we left off, meaning we will return to your home the next time your visit comes around on our schedule. We have contacted every client who had a cleaning scheduled for this week. If your next scheduled cleaning falls on the week of May 11th, you will be hearing from us in the coming days.
Expect to begin to receive your pre-visit reminders and notifications just like before, the day before the service around 2pm.
Schedule: Whenever possible, we have kept your cleaning visit scheduled for the same day of the week. If we have had to change your day we will have already informed you. There may be more last-minute scheduling changes as we have to allow more flexibility for both our customers and our staff, to follow state and federal guidelines and keep everyone safe.
Staff Assignments: We are seeing significant disruptions to our schedule, from both clients needing to suspend service and from some staff not able to return to work. As a result, we have had to shift some of our staffing assignments, so you may see a different face than the one you are used to. We have done all we can to minimize changes but they are inevitable given the disruptions. We ask for your patience and will continue to do all we can to keep staffing consistent.
Switch to Solo Cleaners: Until social distancing guidelines are relaxed, we will not be allowing staff to travel in vehicles together. Expect to see just one staff member in your home, with exceptions for the largest jobs, to which we will send two staff members in separate vehicles.
Safety Precautions: Your Help Needed
We have taken a number of COVID-19 specific safety precautions including additional PPE, additional sanitizing of high-touch surfaces in the home, sanitizing of equipment and modified operations practices to enable compliance with current CDC guidance. This includes a daily employee health and body temperature screening.
However, your home is our jobsite, and we need your help to create a safe work environment. We ask that all clients observe the following:
- 6ft Apart, Please: we ask that you keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and our cleaning staff when they are in your home.
- If you are sick, let us know: see below for the client screening questionnaire. If you answer yes to any of the questions, please contact the office to reschedule your visit. Also let us know if you are in a higher-risk category so we can recommend additional precautions.
- Face Masks Recommended: Our staff will be wearing face masks to help protect your health; by wearing a mask while we are in your home you are protecting theirs.
- Separate Rooms: Particularly if you are not going to be wearing a mask, we ask that to the greatest extent possible you stay in a separate room or part of the house from our staff while they are working.
With your help, we can create a safe environment for all, and be a part of the solution to help stop the spread.
Client Screening Questionnaire
Before each visit, please review these three questions. If you answer yes to any of them, please contact our office to reschedule your visit – we are waiving cancellation fees in conjunction with schedule changes made under this policy.
- Have you or a household member knowingly been exposed or in contact with anyone exposed to the novel coronavirus (aka COVID-19) in the past 21 days?
- Have you or a household member been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or diagnosed with Pneumonia of unknown cause in the past 21 days?
- Are you or a household member currently or in the past 14 days experiencing, flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, fever, cough, or breathing difficulty?
If You are Not Ready
We have heard from some clients who are not ready to resume service. Of course we understand and support your decision. If you have not already, please let us know if you are not ready to resume service and we will suspend your schedule until you are ready to return.
I encourage you to review our full set of safety precautions and service enhancements, I think you’ll find them to be among the best in the industry. All of our safety measures are backed by science and broad agreement across sources, including OSHA and the CDC.
Thank you for being a customer and for your continued support.
May the 4th be with you,
Founder & CEO